Thursday, January 3, 2013

Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?

When did life become so f***ing complicated, again?

It saddens me that I am becoming a pro at handling disappointment. I know the stages like an old friend, and worse, how to handle them. They say it gets easier as you get older, but I want to know: who is "they"? I am so tired of the heavy heartedness. The hope that flares only to be snuffed out. I know I sound melodramatic but it's exactly the opposite - I haven't reacted. I haven't gotten upset, I haven't talked about it, I haven't tried to undo anything. I just accepted it, since it has happened more often than not. I almost expect it, honestly.

So here I am, battling my demons in a passive way with a defeatist attitude.

On an opposite note, Happy New Year. Despite this depressing tangent, it holds much promise. I haven't given up hope on this cryptically mysterious subject (sorry for the veiled vagueness, still too fresh to explain) so things may yet turn around.

Until then.

xoxo
Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment