Friday, November 30, 2012

I love you too, but I'm gonna mace you in the face!

Friday. The best day. It's also been a crazy/good/busy/stressful/hectic/rewarding day. I think I like these the most, I feel like a super human or something. "No mere mortal can fit as much crap in a day like I can!"


Phase One: Kicking of Ass

After accidentally falling asleep at 10 last night (about 5 hours earlier than I should have, based on my homework load), I woke up right at 7:00 in an unusual sleeping position (my neck was turned to the left, my torso was flat, but my arms and legs were doing one of everything). The actual crazy thing is, I didn't have my alarm set. Which is terrifying because I can, and have, slept for hours after I should have. So I was amazed with myself for that. Way to go body, you know what's up even when you're sick... I love you.

Why I was slightly peeved that my cat nap turned into actual bed time is because I had a massive amount of french homework AND a chapter test today that I had allotted last night to. Not getting it done last night meant me racing against the clock. Tee minus: 5 hours for homework. This is where me waking up at 7 is an amazing thing. So I get ready to start but since I didn't have dinner last night either, that meant breakfast was a must. I thought "Ok, not too bad, I can definitely get it done in time and get my doctors note for missing class Monday AND eat a well balanced meal." . 

AND THEN THE PLOT THICKENS.

On my walk to the dining hall, I had this thought...


You're right mister, you are so right.



... because I had forgotten that I had scheduled an appointment to renew my drivers license at 9:30 this morning! That meant I would have to leave right in the middle of my work time, work that I had to have done by 11:50. And this wasn't just some zip out and back trip, I had to shower and take time to look at least human since this license will have my picture on it for 8 years. Sick? NO EXCUSE! Luckily, drivers license pictures are notoriously bad so I only went the make up route and then stopped.

I inhaled my breakfast, did the french homework for about an hour, showered and sprinted to my room. I got dressed and started getting ready, jamming to my music and trying to break the sound barrier getting ready. I look to see the end result, just to make sure I look like I'm indeed pre-mortem and I, woah, I look good. Better than most days, even. What wormhole did I step in, did some beautiful person just wake up looking like shit so that I could have a good drivers license picture? But I'm a vain creature, I'll take it!

Phase Two: The Rocking of the Day

I get to my appointment right on time, mentally fist pumping as I walked in the door and being immediately helped. One renewal and pretty decent license picture later, I was on my way back to my homework. I then preceeded to not only finish the workbook, but I had time to study on the side. Victory #738947398 for the day. French test: Results aren't in yet, but I feel like it was one of the better tests of the semester, so until a crushing blow is dealt, I feel good about it. 

Next, choir. With my voice out, I got a pass to sit in the audience which equaled more homework time. Bingo bango bongo, I am on top of it! I refill my prescription, get my doctors note, buy art supplies, and move my car into the Quad parking lot in one fell swoop. I relaxed in my room a bit (and worked on my blog presentation for the honors class this is for) before remembering that Jen said they'd post the Orientation Leader results at 5:00 today. I remembered at 4:30, so I sat with sweaty palms for half an hour and you know what? Sweaty palms are the worst! I loathe them. So right at 5, I walked over to the SUB and checked the list. During the walk over I got that nervous pit in my gut again, but it lasted all of 4 minutes to get there so it could be worse, and that's even with the fact that I took the loooongest route possible. I had mutant butterflies in my stomach, but I approached with what I can only imagine as swift, jerky confidence....

I got it :) 



I need no words to describe how I'm feeling...



SOOOOO THAT FEELS GOOD. One job down, one more to go!*

*The desk clerk application process isn't as scary since I've done it before, so I'm pretty confident that if they need people, I'll get my job back. 


And now, here I am, moments away from getting picked up to go to the new James Bond movie with some friends (prefaced by a dessert at Johnny C's, becauseI already ate dinner AND this is cheaper.) And with the whole two days of weekend to get stuff done, I'm looking at a relatively ok dead/finals week... I can't get a big head though, a lot can happen. But I think as long as I stick to my super strict time management schedule, I will survive intact. 

And that was the very busy, gloriously hectic, crazy good day of Me. 

xoxo
Alaine




No comments:

Post a Comment