Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Why do you consider me your enemy?" "Because your girlfriend stabbed me in the back with lefty scissors."

You know that feeling you get, after a particularly bad job interview? When you go in with such high hopes for yourself and then you don't fall flat, but feel like the most bland individual on the face of the earth? Leaving the room, you grab your coat, smile a goodbye, and leave in a calm manor but in your head, you are sprinting at a wall and then head butting it repeatedly shouting "YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF AWKWARD IDIOTS!" . Yup. That was my experience.

Granted, the position I'm applying for is as a Summer Orientation Leader, I thought I could do way better. I know I'm not Ms. College Expert / Super Personable, but man, did I think I fell WAY short for the job of literally leading. The reason I felt this way was because we had to do a stupid group interview with a panel watching! I hate groups, I politely let others talk when I should be goin' after the prize like nobody's business! So, exiting the building, I was going over every fumble, every stupid word I said, every quivery breath I took. Stewing with sweaty palms and making what I can only imagine as burning looks at my computer. I sat for hours feeling like the biggest loser that ever walked those halls.

This was ended because of the amazing support system I have, after being forced to leave my room by two very loving friends (who probably just wanted to make sure I didn't berserk or something), I got frozen yogurt and got distracted. That helped immensely. 

They then went with me to look at the results posted in the SUB. I briskly walked across the road, entered the doorway, approached that sinister looking piece of yellow paper, held my breath and...

MY NAME WAS FIRST ON THE LIST!!

I GOT A SECOND INTERVIEW!!

I MADE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!

Then I had that weak in the knees, kinda swimmy headed, light limbed, ecstatic, happy, relieved, wonderful feeling of success!! YUP, IT'S STILL THERE!


Definitely felt like this happy guy.


I know that I can interview one on one. I am a confident enough person to do that, I have been in enough situations where poise and humor come into play. And I know my track record can support me so boom! I feel so much better!! I hadn't realized how much I wanted this job until I thought I had completely lost a chance at getting it. So wish me luck tomorrow or Friday, whenever I interview next! I hope my next post will be along the same victorious line such as this! MUAH!

xoxo
Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment