Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'll be out back. I'm going to find a tree to chop down.

Maybe it's just because I'm so incredibly sick that any success feels like a Herculean victory, but I felt like I was a champ today. I am not going to let anything slow me down on my home stretch. I refuse to limp across the finish line and be underwhelmed with my grades. So I have an undeserved sense of accomplishment for this fact, but I'll take it where ever I can get it. I also felt validated for being a good student when the girl next to me in my drawing class got chewed out, in front of us and then outside of class, for always talking back and never taking constructive critisism. It's been a peeve of mine aaaaaaall semester and the vindictive part of me was pretty satisfied that she finally got called out on it. He then later complimented me on my drawing (which came as a bit of a surprise since drawing is not my forte) but again, I shall take it!

I have also decided that I am going to marry someone who is from either the British Isles (Ireland, Scotland, Wales, maybe England) OR New Zealand / Australia. Why? Short version: Yanks apparently have other things to do and they don't have accents. Thanks to the newest slew of tv shows I've watched while doing my art homework, I decided that since there are no takers here, I will wait until I'm abroad. It worked for the big sis for a while, didn't it? So yes. Usually I'm not frustrated or lonely, but seriously, who HASN'T ever daydreamed about some exotic romance that ACTUALLY worked?? C'mon, we've all done it. In my case, it's just several hundred times per year. Problem solved!




Oh you, Colin O'Donoghue. Wait, what's that? Marry you? Maaayyyybbbbeee


*face slap* BACK! 

Maybe it's the ex-film major in me (or leaping back to my introvert post about how introverts tend to feel "things" more than others) but I keep finding that I get super into a show. Obsessed has negative connotations so I just say I get "involved" with a tv show. I like to know about the location, the actors, the costume design, behind the scenes, unknown plot points, yada yada. So whenever I find a show, I watch the crap out of it and sadly, my list is rather long. Luckily, my major lends itself for me to be a multitasker: I "watch" the show meaning I listen to it and glance up from time to time and do my art projects. I have no idea how many shows and movies I've consumed... And the best part is, I retain the information and I get A's on all of my assignments because I spend 2 hour blocks of time or more working on it! Anyhoo, I have been getting really into my shows, and that is where my ManLove2.0 rush is coming from. It's rather sad, but as long as I don't start a Tumblr dedicated to them, I think I'm ok. Music too, but I feel like everyone gets into that...

With Christmas break coming up, I have been so focused on getting done with class (and surviving with minimal casualties), I haven't really thought about the actual break and why I love Christmas so much. It hit me when I was writing out my gift list for friends and family: It's Christmas. Fall semester barely started and it's already Christmas. This must be the time warp I was warned about when I was 11 wishing I was older... What the hell happened to my fall? And all the really cool, hip, college things I was going to do? Oye, being older is definitely interesting (Dear 11 year old me, Time does indeed go by faster, but they lied, I wouldn't be you again for all the world, our fashion sense is much better in 2012...) 

Ok, I have other things to do now, like my giant list of homework.... Ok gross EmergenC, down the hatch you go! We must be the champ of homework once again! Tally-ho!

xoxo
Alaine


No comments:

Post a Comment