Ya, see? Super cliche but actually pretty action packed so it all evens out...
So I had everything I needed to duplicate a certain look and outfit, but the effect was not the same (considering she is about of one of me). I am aware I will never actually be nor look healthy at 115 pounds, but I sure know I can be at 125 - 130. I was that in high school, I can do it again. Then I realized also that now would be the BEST time to start working out because I am right on the tipping point of either being in the best shape of my life OR backsliding once again with the holiday season eating.
Obviously, since battling my weight has been a block in my road since middle school, I must have a pretty sh**ty system going on. So I researched some fitness blogs to get some unusual tips, beyond the usual "eat less sugar" and "exercise daily"... You think?? I need some pretty specific exercise and stat or else the food will wreck me. It was actually really helpful. I definitely found more than a few things that I can do to make this time stick.
The biggest problem I have is: don't have a workout routine because I don't have a routine period. I don't eat at the same time every day, classes make it super crazy to have a dedicated work out time, and demands from friends? Forget about it. So what I need to do is to sit down and literally write it in my weekly schedule to make it a priority. I haven't made it work because I haven't even deemed it time worthy. So instead of wimping out and wasting my precious free time, I'm going to consolidate it a little bit more and get the body I have wished for since 8th grade. Even if it's just doing some wall sits and push ups in my down time, I can take a couple minutes for a homework break to do some light work and then get the heavy cardio done at the gym.
I'm so tired of seeing the reflection and not being disgusted, but being underwhelmed. THAT is one of the biggest annoyances of my day to day life. I like my appearance well enough, but the total lack of pizzazz I find in myself is very frustrating. I know I could be really happy with myself, but I'm just not there yet.
So there is the focal point of my thoughts today, just a lot of plotting and getting excited to get back to the gym. And this time, I will make it a massive priority.
xoxo
Alaine

No comments:
Post a Comment