So, the election was on Tuesday. And may I just say, I am not a fan of the riot mentality that ensued afterwards. It was disgusting to see how many hateful and hurtful things were carelessly typed. It was like watching angry chimps throw feces at a zoo. Yikes.
Anyway, the trip home left me feeling refreshed... and in a way almost MORE homesick than before, but now in a different, "I want to go back again" way. I spent a lot of quality time with my sister and one of my best friends, Jordan Shearer, which grounded me to myself more. I know "feeling lost" is all a part of growing up but it really reminded me of who I was. I am a tough ranch kid who luckily knows a bit about fashion and is pretty smart, not just the cranky crone that rolls out of bed with giant bags under her eyes. Being home is the best medicine for any illness. I felt more rested and happier almost instantly upon rolling into town. Seeing the mountains in the sunrise, smelling the mixture of dust and wild grass, and eating homemade chili just seemed to bring me up to normal happy person status... And I loved it. I have never been so hesitant to leave home as I was this last time.
So, I don't know what else I'm feeling. I can't wait until tomorrow (Friday) because, it's, well, Friday. I am starting to feel better and less exhausted, so that's nice. I cannot wait to be 21 (have I mentioned this yet??) I hope this three day weekend works out. And now I'm distracted by food and 30 Rock and trying to get motivated to do my graphic design homework.
Ooookkkkk. Time to do something... I guess.
xoxo
Alaine
.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment